M Worktunes Connect + Gel Cushions Wireless Hearing Protector With Bluetooth Technology
- Exclusive to Amazon
- Gel ear cushions are super-soft and conformable for enhanced comfort
- Bluetooth technology lets you seamlessly stream entertainment from your mobile phone and any other Bluetooth enabled device
- High-fidelity speakers provide premium sound quality
- Integrated microphone lets you make and take phone calls without removing the hearing protection
- Cord and antenna-free design lets you move easily on the job
- Simple single-button interface is easy to use with gloves
- Audio Assist Technology provides operational and set-up guidance-without having to take off the hearing protector
- Flexible headband with cutouts to improve comfort when worn with caps
- Lightweight, low-profile design is great for extended wear 2-hour auto shut-off with battery indicator status
- This item: 3M WorkTunes Connect + Gel Cushions Wireless Hearing Protector with Bluetooth Technology$121.91Get it by Sunday, Jul 3 FREE Shipping on orders over $35 shipped by AmazonIn Stock.
- Get it by Saturday, Jul 2 FREE Shipping on orders over $35 shipped by AmazonIn Stock.Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
Wired Connection And Multiple
I have also tried the earmuffs wired with a notebook computer and a phone, which worked great.
You can use the wired connection with a PC and still receive phone calls via a Bluetooth-connected phone.
When a call comes in, the headphones mute the wired connection and you can answer the call by pressing the control button. Ending a call brings you back to your audio.
You can also switch between a wired and wireless source using the control button.
What To Consider When Choosing The Best Earmuffs For Hard Hats
When you decide to purchase your earmuffs, youll need to find the correct fit and the correct amount of hearing protection.
You may want to select on the basis of a particular acoustic hazard or select earmuffs manufactured specifically for the industry you work in.
If you work for large events with amplification, your needs will be different than airport workers or professional tradesmen at construction sites.
Specific earmuffs are made for musicians just as another type of earmuffs is made for firing range practices. You should consider your:
- Work activity
- Pertinent health and work protection laws
- International standards
You will also want to consider comfort. If you need to wear your earmuffs for extended periods of time, consider:
- Weight. The heavier the earmuffs, the more discomfort you may experience during prolonged use.
- Padding. Padding will be important during use for longer periods. A fabric lining comprehensive of cushioning or a pad for the forehead may be features to look for.
- Chinstraps. You may prefer a good adjustable chin strap, so your earmuffs arent moving too much, causing chafing or less noise protection.
Finally, the cost may be a consideration, especially if you are on a budget. If you are exposed to considerable risk, you will need more protection.
This may translate into a higher cost, but protecting your hearing is worth every penny you are able to invest.
You May Like: What Is The Best Car Bluetooth Adapter
Bluetooth Connection Wired Connection And Operation
The Worktunes Connect have a single button, which makes them very straight-forward to use. Press and hold the button for three seconds to power the headset on. To pair them with your phone or iPad , press the button twice. This has worked flawlessly for me.
Playing, pausing and skipping tracks all work fine with this one-button control.
What I am missing is the volume control I have come to expect from normal Bluetooth headphones. With these, you have to adjust the volume on your phone, which is inconvenient at times. I wished the muffs had additional volume-up and volume-down buttons. Then the controls would be perfect.
I have tried the Worktunes with an Android phone and an iPad. Bluetooth pairing was easy and fast, and the Bluetooth connection was stable. I had my phone in my right pocket, the same side where the control button is on the earmuffs.
Unlike some Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones, these can only be paired to one device at a time, but switching between iPad and Samsung was easy.
Occasionally, the Bluetooth connection did become a bit choppy, but at least for me this wasnt anything out of the ordinary. It happens with all my headphones. Perhaps at times engine/machine electronics and/or other wireless connections are interfering with Bluetooth.
M Worktunes Connect Fit And Comfort
First up, I needed to know how well these Bluetooth earmuffs fit. I prefer over-the-ear muffs over in-ear models, but they can be worthless if they dont fit right. Fortunately, the openings are wide enough to accommodate my ears and the pads create a good seal so theres no noise leaking in.
The next priority is comfort. Hearing protection doesnt do much good if youre constantly adjusting to relieve pressure or taking them off altogether.
Over the top of my head, theres plenty of room. I appreciate the cutout in the top of the band that gives the button on top of my hat a little relief. If the fit is tight against your head , you can pull the earpieces down to relieve any pressure you might feel.
All earmuffs need some pressure from the sides to seal the pads against your skin and hold them in place. I found the 3M WorkTunes Connect was a little uncomfortable with how much pressure it had. I ended up bending them out slightly where they enter the headband and got a better fit for wearing over multiple hours. Be gentle if you try this so you dont break them!
You May Like: Shop Light With Bluetooth Speaker
M Worktunes Connect Bluetooth Earmuff
3M Worktunes Connect Wireless Hearing Protector with Bluetooth® Technology provides entertainment and hearing protection in one easy to use and comfortable earmuff. Seamlessly streams music from mobile phones, tablets, iPods® or any other Bluetooth® enabled device.
3M Worktunes Connect Wireless Hearing Protector with Bluetooth® Technology provides entertainment and hearing protection in one easy to use and comfortable earmuff. Seamlessly streams music from mobile phones, tablets, iPods® or any other Bluetooth® enabled device. An integrated microphone enables ability to make and receive phone calls without having to remove the headset leaving you truly “connected” while at work. Equipped with 40mm high fidelity speakers for premium sound quality. Voice Assist Technology provides set-up and operational guidance without having to remove the headset. A modernized design offers a lightweight and low profile cup with no cords or antennae to get in the way. Additional features include: a simplified and easy to use interface, built-in lithium rechargeable battery pack with cord for charging, and soft conformable ear cushions for all day comfort and secure fit. Compatible with Non Bluetooth® devices via 3.5mm audio cable .
M Peltor Worktunes Pro Am/fm Radio Headset Black Hard Hat Attached
- For a lead time estimate, please send your request to
- Enjoy your work day! Whether you are working in a manufacturing facility or outdoors on a landscaping team, the WorkTunes Pro helps protect you from hazardous or nuisanceoccupational noise, while at the same time provide the ability to listen to AM/FM radio.The built-in antenna, fast digital tuning and ability to store stations makes the hearing protector flexible and easy to use.
- Extra Details
- 3.5 mm listen only stereo input for connection to external devices .
- AM/FM Radio headset with built in antenna to prevent snagging on equipment
- Auto power off, the headset will turn off after 4 hrs of non-use to save battery.
- Available in both headband and hard hat attached versions .
- Low-battery warning at low battery level
- Professional-Quality Hearing Protection
- Store up to 5 stations so you don’t miss your favorite station.
- To reduce the corrosion caused by sweat, the electronics are located in separate compartment of the cup
Don’t Miss: Best 30 Pin Bluetooth Adapter For Bose Sounddock
Sound Quality And Maximum Volume
The Worktunes Connect produce a balanced sound. I find them enjoyable for listening to most genres. The highs are detailed without sounding harsh. Because of the excellent noise reduction, I can hear details that would otherwise get lost.
The bass, however, sounds restrained and is generally not very pronounced.
If you crank up the volume in the hope of getting a punchy bass, the kick drum will trigger the built-in volume limiting functiontemporarily lowering the overall volume .
I prefer the Worktunes sound over the HL Sync Stereos. Comparing the two directly, the Sync Stereo earmuffs sound overly bright and at times even harsh. These are more balanced.
When listening to podcasts or audio books, the sound quality of the Worktunes is excellent.
But these are noise protection earmuffs first and headphones second: compared to high-quality noise cancelling headphones the sound quality and in particular the bass dont hold up.
Likewise, if you dont need noise protection, but just want excellent sounding headphones for the same money, youdd better invest it into normal over-ear headphones .
On the other hand, the passive noise isolation of these earmuffs is very good at least as good as that of the most expensive noise cancellers I have tried.
You can easily listen to music at a very moderate volume and isolate yourself from your environment.
M Peltor Bluetooth Hard Hat Attached Earmuffs
Dont miss another call. Stay connected and working by turning your hearing protection in a communication centre. With the 3M PELTOR WS ALERT XPI Headset you can connect one or two devices via Bluetooth® Multipoint technology and speak in a normal volume even in noisy environments with the noise-cancelling microphone.
- Multi-Point Bluetooth® Wireless connectivity and flexibility
- Noise Cancelling microphone for clear speech and voice command
- Class 5 Hearing Protection with situational awareness
- Built in FM Radio with voice guided menus
Recommended Reading: Who Makes The Best Bluetooth Headset
Subjective Rating When Working In A High
The 3M Worktunes Connect are good noise protection earmuffs. Their ear cups and soft cushions seal very welleven when I move my head a lot.
They work better for me than the Howard Leight Sync because they fit my head better. Moving my head with the HL Sync sometimes breaks the seal.
Sawing through metal with a circular saw , I felt these earmuffs were perfectly adequate for reducing the noise and protecting my hearing.
Under these loud conditions, I had no issues listening to podcasts, audio books, and music.
Compared to the 3M Peltor Optime 98, which also fit me well, these earmuffs are noticeably more effective at the lower frequencies and less so at the mid frequencies.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item
|NRR 24 dB Mobile Device Compatible Through Jack Soft, Padded Ear Cushions|
|Audio/Voice Assist Auto Shut-Off Low-Battery Indicator|
|Make & Receive Phone Calls High-Fidelity Speakers|
|Bluetooth Wireless Technology Compatible with Hats/Caps|
|Vented Headband Safe Volume Control Optional Lithium Battery Pack|
|ST. PAUL, MN, 55144 US|
|4.8 out of 5 stars|
|Best Sellers Rank|
4.8 out of 5 stars
You May Like: What Are The Best Bluetooth Earbuds To Buy
More Items To Explore
Simple single-button interface is easy to use with gloves.
Gel ear cushions are super-soft and conformable for enhanced comfort.
Flexible headband with cutouts to improve comfort when worn with hats.
Built-in rechargeable battery with auto shut-off and low-battery indicator.
|Built-in Rechargeable Battery/ Low-Battery Indicator||AA Batteries/Low-Battery Indicator/ Optional Lithium Battery Pack||Built-in Rechargeable Battery/ Low-Battery Indicator|
|Headband||Compatible with Hats& Caps/Vented Headband||Compatible with Hats& Caps/Vented Headband||Compatible with Hats & Caps/Vented Headband|
|Noise Reduction Rating||24dB|
You Asked We Answered Here Are Your Top 10 3m Worktunes Headset Faqs
No, you cannot use or attach 3M WorkTunes Headset to a hardhat.
3M WorkTunes Connect Hearing Protector with Bluetooth® Technology, which is rechargeable, lasts 30 hours. The other two versions, which require two AA batteries will last approximately 50 hours.
Yes, you can receive calls through your 3M WorkTunes Headset. However, the black and yellow 3M WorkTunes Wireless Hearing Protector with Bluetooth® Technology & AM/FM Radio cannot receive calls.
There are currently no hygiene replacement kits for 3M WorkTunes Headsets. We recommend wiping off your headset with a damp cloth at the end of each day to ensure that your headset remains clean.
Yes, the Bluetooth® light will stay on while it is in use.
The noise reduction rating is a single-number method that describes the overall sound reduction across frequencies of an HPD in decibels based on a laboratory test.
Read Also: Old Style Car Radio With Bluetooth
M Worktunes Bluetooth Hearing Protection With Am/fm Radio W/rechargeable Battery
- 3M Worktunes Hearing Protection with a rechargeable battery pack for the Worktunes
- Noise reduction rating or 24 dB or higher when worn properly
- With a rotary tuning dial, you can operate your Bluetooth wireless technology enabled device from the headset, cordless
- AM/FM digital radio with enhanced radio performance
- Charge a battery with a micro-USB connector cable The LED will blink when the battery pack is charging and turn solid when charging is complete
- Safe volume control technology allows for Increased volume, yet corrects to maintain safe levels over an 8-hour work day
- Audio Assist technology provides setup and operational guidance without having to remove the headset
- Features a Rotary tuning dial so you can operate your bluetooth Wireless technology enabled device from the headset, eliminating cords
- Vented headband design with removable padding for use with hats
- Am/FM digital radio with enhanced radio performance for clearer sound quality saves up to 50 Stations
- Li-ION battery pack: 3.7V 1100Mah 4.1WH
- Charge Voltage: 5.0V
- Intended to power certain 3M hearing protectors
- Compatible with the 3M worktunes wireless hearing protector with Bluetooth technology
- Compatible with the peltor sport tactical 300 and tactical 500 hearing protectors
Noise On The Job And In The Workplace
Employers are required by law to assess noise pollution and reduce or eliminate any potential risks as a result. Protection should be selected in relation to the level of risk present.
If an employer can reduce noise through the use of quieter machinery or tools, or the use of silencers, this is ideal.
An employer can also attempt to move the sources of noise as far away from workers as possible. When these options are not plausible or do not sufficiently reduce the amount of noise to protect workers hearing, protective devices become necessary.
As per NIOSH, if noise reaches 85 decibels, employers must provide hearing protection. Consideration is given to average levels of noise exposure on any one day or during a workweek as well as the maximum level of noise reached.
Consider some approximate noise levels such as a chain saw that will produce anywhere from 80 to 120 decibels when in operation.
A jackhammer, which can easily be found at construction sites and is similar to the engine of a jet will produce noise from 120 to 160 decibels, while a gunshot in your vicinity can emit more than 160 decibels.
Some hard hats may come directly with a system for noise cancellation together with a transparent visor for face protection. Also, some professionals that have constant exposure to extreme noise may opt to wear both earplugs and earmuffs together.
See also: Best hard hats for construction worker
M Mt15h7p3ews6 Peltor Ws Protac Xpi Headset Hard Hat Attached
- Buy 4 – 11 and get 3% off
- Buy 12 or above and get 5% off
3M MT15H7P3EWS6 PELTOR WS ProTac XPI Headset Hard Hat Attached
The 3Mâ¢ PELTORâ¢ WSâ¢ ProTac XPI Headset integrates hearing protection, BluetoothÂ® communication, and a noise-cancelling speech microphone to deliver a wireless, hands-free protective communication solution. Also, the environmental listening technology assists workers to hear environmental sounds in low noise and helps provide protection when it’s loud.
Features and Specs:
M Worktunes Connect Sound Quality
With the fit dialed in, I turned my attention to the sound quality. Running through my standard list of classical, a capella, country, rock, and talk gave me a good idea of its capabilities.
The overall sound quality is very good at this price point, with better lows than I expected. The vocals arent as crisp youll get from a good set of headphones, and its something youll notice more when youre listening to podcasts or talk programs. However, its absolutely passable and certainly makes the day more enjoyable when I need hearing protection.
The volume tops out at 82 decibels and youll have to use the volume controls on our device to adjust it. I dont have perfect hearing anymore and I found it loud enough to enjoy, even while I was testing other power tools around the shop. To really compete with your music, what youre working on is going to have to be well over 100 decibels at your ear before the 24 decibels of noise reduction softens it.
You May Like: 2014 Honda Crv Bluetooth Pairing