How Do I Make My Speakers Bluetooth Compatible
There is a Bluetooth receiver you can purchase if you would like your speakers to be Bluetooth capable. Using a Bluetooth audio receiver, you can convert the line-level Bluetooth audio signal to line-level electrical audio information. There is no noise associated with line signals, as they are voltage lows and resist sound.
Audioengine B1 Bluetooth Music Receiver
Next up, we have a Bluetooth receiver that is from a very recognizable company. Audioengine has been long known for making great high-quality equipment. The Audioengine B1 Bluetooth Music Receiver is no different. It looks very similar to their 24-bit D1 DAC and sounds exceptionally good.
As I just mentioned, this Bluetooth Receiver looks very similar to the popular D1 DAC. They have implemented a minimal aluminum design here, with a very small footprint. The Bluetooth antenna extends upward from the back. The back panel houses the outputs and connectivity.
It has an RCA stereo output, a 24-bit optical output, and a micro-USB port for power. Pairing this receiver with a phone is incredibly easy, and takes a matter of seconds. If your phone supports the aptX codec youll benefit from even better performance along with Bluetooth 5.0. Since it is so portable, it even comes with a carrying pouch.
Related Review: Jabra Freeway Bluetooth Car Speakerphone Review
This receiver really does bring modern convenience to an older sound system. It performs exceptionally well, and it is a bit ridiculous just how near-perfect reproduction it has. It has a 100ft of extended Bluetooth range, and if you dont have routers in the way, it can form an even better connection. You also get Audioengines excellent customer service.
Can You Convert Old Speakers To Bluetooth
A simple Bluetooth adapter is all you need. Our only problem is that they cost such a low amount to acquire a Bluetooth Audio Adapter from Logitech. The RCA or 3 adapter must be plugged in to your power strip with your connected speakers. Then sync with your device that supports Bluetooth if the port size is 5mm or less.
You May Like: Star Tsp100 Future Print Bluetooth
Solution For Old Devices
If you want to wirelessly stream music from your old receiver, it may be interesting to look at the speakers offering a Hub. This Hub will allow you to connect all your receiver and will take care of broadcasting sound directly to the wireless speakers associated with it. The sound quality may exceed that of the CD.
Mii B06 Plus Bluetooth Receiver Hifi Wireless Audio Adapter Bluetooth 50 Receiver With 3d Surround Aptx Low Latency For Home Music Streaming Stereo System
$ as of December 23, 2021 10:22 am
- 164FT LONG RANGEWith Class 1 Bluetooth technology, the 1Mii Bluetooth receiver can achieve a range of up to 164ft line-of-sight in open air and up to 50-70ft indoors.
- It features Bluetooth 5.0 chip to ensure high fidelity Bluetooth audio signal for music streaming to those speakers or home stereo systems that doesnt have the capability. It also supports aptx and aptX Low Latency . And the 3D audio can be switched on or off by pressing the 3D button on the Bluetooth audio receiver. The green LED will be on when switched to 3D audio.
- POWER ON AND RECONNECT AUTOMATICALLYWhen plugged into a power outlet, the Hi-Fi Bluetooth audio receiver can power on automatically and reconnect with the previously paired device.
- EASY SETUP, EASY TO USEEasy plug, pair and play. This updated unit comes with a USB power adapter. Plug into computer speakers, home stereo systems or other speaker systems via the 3.5 mm or RCA cable, then pair with the Bluetooth audio devices such as smartphones or tablet. After that, you can enjoy the music. This product is a receiver only, NOT a transmitter.
- WORKS WITH VOICE COMMANDSConnect this Bluetooth adapter to your speaker via a 3.5mm jack or RCA cable, pair the receiver with your Echo via Bluetooth on the Alexa app, it is easy to control your music with voice commands. Please make sure to use the audio cable to connect the Bluetooth receiver with your speaker, not with the Echo.
You May Like: Best Bluetooth Transmitter For Plane
Bluetooth 50 Stereo Audio Amplifier Receiver 2 Channel Class D Mini Hi
$ as of December 23, 2021 10:22 am
- 2021 New Model
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless streaming range up to 50ft, with bass and treble control, Simple compact design but practical and powerful, Adopt TI TPA3116D2 chip to get clear and clarity sound, no audible noise, dead silent when nothing is playing through it.
- Advanced circuitry design, built-in speakers protection circuit, best for bookshelf/computer/desktop/speakers in your home.
- Home Hi-Fi integrated amplifier, Exclusively designed for the customers who pursue HiFi sound Ship with power adapter and power cord, you can use directly.
- Perfectly suited for your desktop or a smaller space in your home or office, Aluminum shell to sure high quality, 18-month warranty, you can return the item if you have any problems.
Who This Is For
Whether its because your new smartphone has no headphone jack, or you arent ready to give up your old stereo in favor of a great Bluetooth speaker, a Bluetooth audio receiver adds wireless streaming to your existing home stereo or speakers, potentially giving you better audio quality for less money than buying a whole new audio system. If your smartphone, tablet, or computer has Bluetooth, but your stereo or other speaker system doesnt, a good Bluetooth audio receiver lets you stream music wirelessly to your speakers with little loss in sound quality.
Our top pick is for people who have a traditional stereo system, computer speakers, or a soundbarpretty much any speaker system with an auxiliary-input jack that doesnt already have Bluetooth. Our upgrade pick is worth considering if youve invested roughly $500 or more on your stereo system or speakers and want to be sure youre getting the best sound quality out of them, or if you want to be able to stream Bluetooth audio from a longer distance: farther than 90 feet with a straight line of sight, compared with about 40 for our top pick.
Also Check: Bluetooth Remote Control For Laptop
The Difference Between Wired And Wireless Speakers
All speakers, whether wired or wireless, need three things to work: an audio signal, power, and amplification. Amplifiers, wires, and cables supply those requirements for traditionally wired speakers.
Wireless speakers plug into power, have built-in amplifiers, and instead of copper wire or cable, the audio signals transmit wirelessly to them via IR , RF , Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth. Traditionally wired speakers don’t have a built-in amplifier and cannot receive audio signals wirelessly. Still, you can make them “wireless” with the use of add-on devices.
Auris Blume Hd Long Range Bluetooth 50 Music Receiver Hi
as of December 23, 2021 10:22 am
- UPGRADE YOUR EXISTING STEREO SYSTEM: bluMe HD Bluetooth Music Receiver is a premium Hi-Fi Bluetooth adapter that streams the highest quality audio wirelessly from your phone, tablet or computer to any home stereo system. Easy setup, connects in seconds.
- STUNNING HIGH QUALITY AUDIO: Featuring the latest Bluetooth 5.0 and support for Qulacomm aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX and AAC decoding, bluMe HD adds high definition Bluetooth to any home stereo system.
- BEST-IN-CLASS SOUND: Built-in true Hi-Fi 384kHz/32-bit upsampling Audiophile Digital to Analogue Converter DAC allows bluMe HD to decode and play audio files in all their lossless glory.
- LONG RANGE BLUETOOTH: Employs special circuitry and precision-tuned antenna to extend the wireless range to up to 100+ feet, providing glitch-free performance that works through multiple walls.
- DIGITAL & ANALOG CONNECTIVITY: bluMe HD provides ultimate compatibility with your existing stereo equipment with audiophile-grade Analog and Digital Optical outputs.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect My Bluetooth To My Phone
Rca And Aux Connections
Where you may run into trouble is with the speakers themselves. Speakers generally come with one of three kinds of connections. The easiest to hook up to a Bluetooth device with be RCA, since most Bluetooth receivers have RCA outputs and therefore only require standard RCA cables to plug in.
If you are using a car audio Bluetooth receiver, you will need to get a converter cable. You will need to find a cable with a female aux connection on one side. If you have speakers with an RCA connection, finding an aux female to left and right male RCA cables is usually not too difficult. However, if your speaker has speaker clips or uses banana plugs, it may be more complicated.
Installing A Bluetooth Receiver
Theres a lot more to choosing the best Bluetooth receiver than most people realize. Although the installation phase is fairly simple, understanding the types of A/V and stereo receivers is a great start. So, check out my step-by-step process of setting up a Bluetooth receiver from inception to installation.
Also Check: Portable Bluetooth Speakers With Bass
Can I Make My Wired Surround Sound Speakers Wireless
Would it be possible to change surround sound system speakers into ws current surround sound speakers to wireless speakers? You can certainly do this using any wireless speaker kit which will accomplish this. A separate amplifier might be needed to provide power to the speakers as most of them rely on an amplification component.
How To Choose The Most Popular Bluetooth Adapters For Stereo Receivers
The three most crucial criteria to consider are price, quality, and popularity.Price is an obvious factor to consider, as you want to ensure it is acceptable for your needs.Quality should also be examined because buying a low-quality goods will not help you achieve your main aim of obtaining the best product.Finally, while not as obvious as price or quality, popularity can be just as significant as both when it comes to attracting new customers.
Don’t Miss: Best Buy Bluetooth Phone Headset
Why You Shouldnt Abandon Your Old Wired Speakers
Nowadays, you dont findadverts or even manufacturers making old-fashioned speakers without a heftyprice tag. These Bluetooth enabled devices will set you back a lot of cash andleave you with a pair of speakers that look much like your original ones. Whilemodern looking speakers might be cheaper initially, there are still thousandsto look through on the internet before you find your perfect device.
Instead of replacing your oldwired speakers, why not turn them wireless? We dont recommend that you abandonor replace them for the following reasons.
- Extraexpenditure.Replacing your old speaker is costly. Even if youre buying cheaper Bluetoothspeakers, for instance, the cost can be greater long-term. These are likely toneed replacing more frequently, meaning even a lower cost purchase can turninto a big investment over the years.
- Extraeffort. There is an affordable andeasy to turn wired speakers into wireless streamers that saves you having totrawl the internet to find your perfect new speakers. Its just easieroverallkeep your old beloved speakers by buying one small device, rather thanselecting new ones and having to reposition your room to fit them in.
Our trick? Use a Bluetooth adapter! Find out more below.
How To Pick The Best Stereo
If youre looking to buy a stereo to listen to music on, there are a couple of things to look out for before purchasing.
The first thing to consider is the size of the stereo that you want. Your speakers should match your space for the best natural sound and solid bass. Youll also want to take into consideration the frequency response, sensitivity, and power handling.
Speakers frequency response is measured in Hertz and this tells you the range of tones that it produces. The first number is for how low the speaker plays and the second number is the tonal range of the speakers.
Speaker sensitivity tells you how it converts power into volume. The higher the sensitivity rating, the louse your speakers will be able to play with a certain amount of power.
Also Check: Bluetooth Headphones For Working Out
Make Wired Speakers Wireless For Traditional Sources
With sources such as a TV, CD/DVD/Blu-ray player, audio cassette deck, VCR, or compatible audio output on a stereo or home theater receiver, you can make wired speakers wireless with a wireless speaker conversion kit . This kit includes a transmitter and receiver.
Connect the audio output of your source to the audio inputs on the wireless transmitter. The transmitter sends the signals wirelessly from the connected source to the wireless receiver.
Here are the steps required to make your wired speakers work with a wireless speaker conversion kit. These steps apply to the sources discussed above and speakers used in Single or Mono, Stereo, Surround, or Zone 2 setups.
Connect the audio outputs of a source device to the audio inputs of the wireless transmitter.
Most wireless transmitters provide RCA or 3.5mm analog audio inputs, and some may provide speaker wire connections. Still, you may encounter one that also provides a digital optical input.
Connect the wired speakers to the wireless receiver with standard speaker wire.
If your wireless receiver does not have a built-in amplifier, connect the wireless receiver to an external amplifier, stereo, or home theater receiver using compatible audio connections that, in turn, physically connect to the speakers using speaker wire.
Common Issues People Face When Trying To Convert The Old Speaker Intowireless Streaming Without Bluetooth Audio Adapter
Buying a Bluetooth adapter iseasy and simplein fact, this is one of the easiest ways to turn your speakerswireless. You need to make sure you get the right Bluetooth adapter to helpyour speakers and smartphone connect in the smoothest way possible, and thatsthe biggest task.
On the other hand, trying toturn your speakers wireless without a Bluetooth adapter is a tough task. There are differentelements to consider, and it often isnt worth the time or effort when you getsimilar results simply by purchasing a Bluetooth adapter device.
You might not even be able tofind a suitable, easy solution to convert your old speaker into a wirelessstreaming device without a Bluetooth audio adapter. Remember that a Bluetoothtransmitter/receiver is different, as it helps convert analogue into digitalsignals. With one of these, you could connect your old stereo to your newheadphones.
Recommended Reading: Good Bluetooth Headphones For Iphone
What To Look Forward To
We are researching newer Bluetooth audio receivers to call in for testing. Under-$100 models we are considering include the Avantree Oasis Plus, MEE Audio Connect Hub, Monoprice 38071, TaoTronics TT-BA009Pro, and Mpow BH262A. Premium models that compete with the Audioengine B1 include the Auris Blume, iFi Zen Blue, and BluDento BLT-HD.
Do Bluetooth Adapters Distort Quality Of Sound
The characteristics of the sound can change slightly when you use Bluetooth devices on your stereo system. Bluetooth receivers sometimes delay audio from its source, which isnt usually noticeable when youre playing music, only movies. Buying a receiver with low latency will reduce the delay from the signal and enable a better listening experience.
Recommended Reading: Bluetooth Speaker With Sd Card
Our Picks For The Best Bluetooth Receivers
The Bluetooth receiver market is huge. There are hundreds of options out there with many features and come in different shapes and sizes. Pairing a Bluetooth receiver with a nice pair of budget computer speakers is a surefire recipe for a seamless listening experience. Hence it is a good practice to properly research in this regard to avoid any confusion and end up in a buyer remorse scenario. Without further ado, lets get straight into our top 5 picks for the best Bluetooth receivers for the stereo systems.
Mpow Bluetooth Transmitter And Receiver
Best For Car Stereos
Mpow has been a well-known name in the Bluetooth audio space for a while now. As more smartphones keep on removing the headphone jack, using the aux cable in your car isnt exactly easy anymore. If you happen to have a car stereo system without Bluetooth, you absolutely need an adapter to play your favorite songs while on the go. The Mpow Bluetooth Receiver is the best option for that.
It is a bit pricey for such a small adapter, but considering the overall quality, its not a bad deal. It is quite compact, so you can plug it into your cars stereo system and forget about it. There is a prominent power button at the front and volume buttons at the side.
There is also a button at the top to switch between devices. It even has a microphone built-in to take calls, although the quality is pretty bad. It automatically reconnects to the last paired device, so you never have to mess around with it. The sound quality is acceptable for the size and its actually quite decent if you want to use the car stereo.
Helpful Roundup: The Best Studio Speakers
The only downside is the price and battery life. Battery life is good enough with about 10 hours of use, but if you want to use it in the car, youll need a car charger with you. Youll need to frequently unplug it to charge otherwise. Still, it can be considered one of the best Bluetooth receivers for car use.
Read Also: Bluetooth Fm Transmitter For Car Walmart
How To Connect Wireless Speakers To Old Stereo System
Do you have wireless speakers that you want to use with your old stereo system? Well, this may seem to be impossible because the two systems are of different versions. you need to be well versed with How to Connect Wireless Speakers to Old Stereo System.
An old stereos system and a wireless speaker are not compatible. A wireless speaker uses wireless technology to connect to other devices, not unless it has wired devices inputs. On the other hand, an old stereo system will use only the old wired technologies to connect to other devices.
As much as the two devices do not seem to match, there is an effortless way that will help you to connect a wireless speaker to an old stereo system. This article will give you the best method and tips to help you have the two sound devices work together.
Understanding wireless speakers and an older version of a stereo system.
Related Article: 7 Best Speakers for Projectors