Second Tip: How To Make Sure Your Tv Has Bluetooth Support
A tried and tested way to check if your TV has Bluetooth support is to search the TV model on the internet and check if it mentions Bluetooth in the device specifications. If you are totally at a loss you should visit the TV brands site or ask other users if they have been able to connect Bluetooth headphones to their TV.
Another way to check for Bluetooth is to search through your TVs service menu to see if there is a Bluetooth or wireless setting. This can be done by pressing the menu key on your remote control . This should open up the service menu and from there you can simply look out for a Bluetooth setting.
If you discover your TV does not feature Bluetooth you may have to resort to using a wired connection or potentially purchase a dedicated wireless headset that uses its own receiver. Another strategy to use Bluetooth on a device that doesnt feature support is by purchasing a Bluetooth transmitter. If you are unsure what exactly one of these devices are, then be sure to read on!
Single Headphone Tv Sets
Single Headphone TV Sets
Bluetooth or Wireless headphones that come with a transmitter adapter. These are mainly used for watching TV or streaming audio from your AV Receiver.
No lip-sync delay. Perfect solution for hearing your TV at your own volume without disturbing others.
If you need of more than ONE wireless headphones, please take a look at Multi-Headphone TV Sets
- Not sure what to choose?
- Use the filter below
- Not sure what to choose?
- Use the filter below
Connecting Wireless Headphones To Streaming Devices
If you have a streaming device such as the Amazon Fire TV or a smart TV that uses the Fire TV platform you can connect Bluetooth devices including keyboards, game controllers and headphones.
Just open the Settings menu > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Other Devices > Add New Device. Then, put your wireless headphones into pairing mode they should pop up on the screen. Once you select them, your TVs audio will come through your headphones.
For Android TV and Google TV devices, whether thats a smart TV or a streaming device such as the TiVo Stream 4K, head to Settings > Remote & Accessories > Add Accessory. Pop your headphones into pairing mode and select them when they appear on-screen.
For Roku TVs and streaming devices, its slightly more complicated, since they dont come with Bluetooth built in. However, you can use a feature called Private Listening, which streams your TVs audio to your smartphone or tablet via the Roku app, after which you can plug a pair of wired headphones into your device.
Some Roku devices come with a remote that features a 3.5mm headphone port, which means you can plug in your headphones to use Private Listening without your smartphone.
Recommended Reading: Rechargeable Cd Player With Bluetooth
How To Listen To Tv With Your Headphones
You don’t need to share your TV’s audio with everyone around you. These are the easiest ways to connect your headphones to your television.
When you’re watching TV with friends, your TV’s speakers let everyone hear what’s going on. When you’re watching TV on your own, you don’t need to share that audio with everyone around you. In fact, you probably don’t want to disturb your significant other, roommates, kids, or neighbors if you’re the only one watching TV late at night, or if you’re using your TV as a second monitor while working from home. You can mute the speakers and rely on closed captions if you really want to be silent, but we have a better solution: Use headphones.
Headphones let you listen to anything you want without bothering anyone around you. You probably use them mostly for listening to music or podcasts, or even watching videos on your phone or computer, but they aren’t limited to mobile devices or PCs. There are several ways to connect your headphones to your TV to enjoy the combined benefits of private audio and a big screen. Here are the ways you can use your favorite headphones or earphones with your TV.
Check The Audio Output Ports On The Tv
Its important to pay attention to the TVs audio options because there are different types of connections. For instance, you need to know if there is an optical audio connection, RCA, or an auxiliary output so you have a better idea of what kind of Bluetooth transmitter to buy. Thankfully, there are universal transmitters like the Avantree Oasis which cover RCA, optical audio connection, as well as auxiliary.
Also Check: Best Sounding Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
How Do Wireless Headphones Work Without Bluetooth
There are a few variants in terms of using your wireless headphones without directly utilizing a Bluetooth connection. One of the most common options is by removing the wireless functionality of your headphones through the use of an audio wire. Most wireless devices will come with a wire that can provide an alternative manner in which you can use them, however, this isnt ideal as it removes the ability to use wireless technology which is the main reason you will purchase wireless headphones in the first place.
If you arent a fan of Bluetooth connections or want to try something different then there are wireless headphones on the market suited for you. Dedicated wireless headphones will come with their own wireless base station that can be plugged into a compatible television and connected to it through a specific frequency. Headphones with a base station are slightly less common than your typical Bluetooth headphones but are also a very good alternative.
As RF wireless headphones come with their own unique base station they tend to suffer minimal interference and thus the audio quality can be greater than through Bluetooth. These stations are usually plugged directly into the compatible hardware, a TV in this case, through the use of a 3.5mm analog jack, which most TVs will provide. This can offer an alternative to TVs that require a Bluetooth adapter and can even save you money in the long run.
Avantree Oasis Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter/receiver
This Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter/ Receiver is from Avantree Oasis. This provides long-range Bluetooth audio transmitter & receiver with 160ft/50m. This one of the best Bluetooth receiver for the TV that brings hi-fi sound with virtually no delay.
In addition to Bluetooth receiver for the TV, this long-range device can act as a Bluetooth hub for your home. Avantree Bluetooth device supports cell phone and other Bluetooth devices to communicate. This Bluetooth adapter also supports to stream audio to two headphones simultaneously.
Features:- Connector: 3.5/6.35 Headphone/RCA Audio | Bluetooth Profile: A2DP, AVRCP | Battery backup: NA | Device Mode: Transmitter/Receiver | Range: 160 feet |
Also Check: Best Off Brand Bluetooth Earbuds
Can You Use Bluetooth Adapter For Tv Headphones
But not all TVs have Bluetooth, and the charade to route cables and connect wires from the TV is too much of a hassle. Thankfully, Bluetooth-based adapters that work as transmitters make this easy. Bluetooth adapters for using headphones with the TV are simple and nifty devices that give the wireless advantage.
Beaviioo 24g Wireless Gaming Headset With Microphone For Ps4 Or Pc Or Ps5 Or
- 2.4GHZ WIRELESS CONNECTIONBEAVIIOO Wireless Gaming Headset has a stable and low-latency digital audio transmission. Turn on the power of the headsets, plug the included USB transmitter into the PC, PS4, PS5,instantly enjoy wireless connection within 10m/33ft.
- HEAR EVERY DETAILSThe wireless gaming headset has a built-in high-precision 50mm driver, which enhances the sensitivity of the speaker unit, bringing you a strong bass and virtual surround sound. Hear stunning detail in all next-gen games with award-winning sound.
- NOISE REDUCTION MICBuild-in omnidirectional microphone can eliminate unnecessary noises, accurately pick up your voice, and achieve clear and real-time calls without delay. The one-key mute button can conveniently operate the microphone.
- SUPER COMFORT & EXTRAODINARY BATTERY LIFELightweight and durable Gaming headset comes with soft earmuffs and adjustable headband, it fits well on different size heads. The impressive listening life and fast USB-C charging allows you to better enjoy the game time without worrying about the lack of power .
- DUAL WIRELESS MODE & WIRE CONNECTION2.4GHz Wireless Connection with PC, PS4, PS5, Laptop computers, switch etc. Bluetooth connection is compatible with mobile phones, ipads and other devices which has bluetooth function. Wired connect to Xbox one controller and other mobile devices with 3.5mm audio jack .
You May Like: Why My Bluetooth Is Not Connecting
Havit Bluetooth 41 Transmitter Receiver
This low latency portable Bluetooth adapter can pair two devices at the same time. This device work in both modes as transmitter and receiver. In transmitter mode, this portable Bluetooth adapter can transmit stereo audio wirelessly. The adapter supports to transmit from any non-Bluetooth audio sources. This includes TV, MP3, CD player, PC, etc. You can use the receivers as Bluetooth-enabled headphones, speaker or other receiver devices.
In Bluetooth Receiver mode, this adapter can connect with non-Bluetooth headphones, speaker or car stereo via a 3.5mm cable. Once you hardwire it, then you can pair with Bluetooth-enabled audio sources. This device can also work with your car audio for hands-free calls, answer or reject incoming calls, phone chat freely.
Features:- Connector: 3.5 Audio | Bluetooth Profile: A2DP | Battery backup: 14 Hours | Device Mode: Transmitter/Receiver | Range: 33 feet |
Taotronics Bluetooth 41 Transmitter/receiver
This is a very tiny lightweight device from TaoTronics. This Bluetooth transceiver can be used to stream the audio from TV to soundbar. This Bluetooth adapter can work as both a Transmitter or Reciever. You can use as Bluetooth a receiver for the home entertainment system. The device supports up to two devices to connects simultaneously in Bluetooth mode.
This cute device is a quick solution if you want to connect two Bluetooth enabled speakers in two separate rooms. With aptX low latency technology , the device offers high fidelity stereo sound. The design achieved almost zero delays in transmitter mode. If you want to add a Bluetooth feature on your TV/MP3 Player or any other device, this is a low-cost effective solution. This TV Bluetooth adapter comes in good quality and tiny in size. TaoTronics is offering 12 months plus 6 months of extended warranty and 24/7 customer service.
Features:- Connector: 3.5mm Audio | Bluetooth Profile: A2DP | Device Mode: Transmitter/Receiver | Range: 33 feet |
Also Check: Best Bluetooth Radio For Boat
Aukey Aptx Bluetooth 50 Transmitter Receiver
So far, most of the Bluetooth TV adapters were for older TVs. But if you are looking for a bit more advanced adapter with digital audio options, the Aukey Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver makes for a good pick. Unlike the one above, it has a bigger build and looks both modern and stylish. Touch-sensitive buttons further accompany the premium build at the top.
This Bluetooth adapter is quite capable. As noted earlier, it supports optical digital audio and AUX input, thereby letting you use it with old and new TVs alike.
Both the range and the sound quality is great, and several reviewers have echoed this as part of their reviews on Amazon.
For now, it has more than a thousand reviews, with users liking it for its minimal lag and excellent range. It supports dual-link audio as well.
How To Connect Tv To Bluetooth Headphone& Speakers
Disclosure: Mashtips is supported by its audience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The benefit of connecting TV audio to Bluetooth Headphones is, you can watch your favorite show without annoying family members. For hardcore gamers, good performance headphones or Bluetooth speakers are a nice addition to their big screen TV for an amazing surround sound experience. For those who already invested in an expensive Bluetooth headset or TV Bluetooth speakers, for their smartphone or PC gaming, then RF based headset bases will not be helpful to connect to these devices. Keep in mind, Bluetooth headphones are prone to lip-sync delay, make sure to select the low delay device.
This is the guide to connect TV to Bluetooth Audio Headphone & TV Speakers and listed best TV to Bluetooth Receiver/Transmitter.
Recommended Reading: Ceiling Fan With Light And Bluetooth Speaker
Buying Guide For Best Bluetooth Adapter For Tv To Connect Headphones
Buying Guide for best bluetooth adapter for tv to connect headphones:
1. The first thing you should consider before buying a Bluetooth adapter for TV is the type of TV that you have. There are different adapters available for different types of TVs. Make sure you select the right adapter for your TV.
2. The second thing you should consider is the features of the adapter. Make sure the adapter you select has the features you need. For example, if you want to be able to use headphones with your TV, make sure the adapter you select has a headphone jack.
3. The third thing you should consider is the price. Adapters can vary in price, so make sure you select one that is within your budget.
4. The fourth thing you should consider is the quality of the adapter. Make sure you select an adapter that is made of high-quality materials and has been tested for reliability.
5. The fifth thing you should consider is the brand of the adapter.
Usb Bluetooth 50 Audio Adapter Transmitter Receiver 2 In 1 For Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Earphones Headphones Connect To Desktop Pc Tv Car Home Stereo Sound System
- Transmitter Receiver 2 IN 1This universal Bluetooth audio adapter makes your TV and other devices Bluetooth enabled to stream audio to your Bluetooth headphones, or makes your home stereo Bluetooth enabled to receive the wireless music streaming from your phone and tablet. The 3.5mm audio cable helps enhance your device with Bluetooth feature, upgrade your traditional sound tp Bluetooth sound. (Only for audio device, DO NOT support mouse, keyboard, game controller etc.
- EASY TO USE, PLUG & PLAYNo battery needed. Just plug your audio adapter into the USB 2.0/3.0 port. The LED indicator will flash blue when you first use it it will automatically enter paring mode and start pair with headphone or speaker. And the LED indicator will stay on after paring successfully.
- Bluetooth 5.0+EDR TECHNOLOGIESThe audio transmitter function is backward compatible with Bluetooth. 4.2/4.0/3.0/2.0 and it can deliver more stable wireless to your devices. Low latency for high fidelity stereo sound, lag- free content streaming in transmitter mode.
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY & NO NEED TO INSTALL ANYTHINGThe Bluetooth dongle does not need drivers, just plug and play. And it is compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, headphone, speaker. Please note: It is NOT compatible with Android, iOS and OS.
- USB POWER SUPPLYYou dont need to worry it will run out of power since you can charge it while using it. We provides 12 months warranty and 24 hours customer service.
Recommended Reading: Bathroom Ceiling Fan With Bluetooth Speaker
Flaws But Not Dealbreakers
As is the case with all the headphone adapters we tested, using the BTR renders your headphones inline remote/mic unusable, so you have to rely on the microphone and control buttons on the BTR or your source device. The BTRs button layout is not ideal. Some adapters we tested had individual buttons for power, play/pause, skip, reverse, volume up, and volume down. The BTR, however, has only three buttons the volume buttons also function as track skip and reverse. For instance, to go to the beginning of a track, you press the volume-down button for a bit longer than usuala long press, so to speak.
The microphone on the FiiO transmits passable audio. The person on the other end of the line should be able to understand what youre saying, but you might sound compressed and robotic. Its fine for a quick call or chat, but we dont recommend using it for long conversations.
Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver Aisidra V50 Bluetooth Adapter For Audio 2
- Universal 2-in-1 Bluetooth Adapter In TX mode, the Bluetooth transmitter is plugged into non-Bluetooth devices such as TVs, PCs and MP3 players via AUX/RCA jack and transmits audio to Bluetooth headphones/speakers/soundbars in RX mode, the Bluetooth receiver can be connected to wired speaker/earphones and to receive audio from smartphones via Bluetooth.
- Stable connection, stereo sound Equipped with latest mature Bluetooth chip and well-design software, the Bluetooth adapter is an up-to-date audio adapter, not only helps to upgrade your old audio devices to Bluetooth capable without replacing them but also promises you a CD-like auditory feast.
- Seamless streaming, never miss a beat With low latency encoder applied, the audio delay has been minimized to approximately 40ms, the Bluetooth transmitter will present fully synchronized audio and video. Note: Bluetooth headphones/speakers are also required to support low latency technology.
- Dual connection, share your joy Being able to pair with two devices simultaneously, Aisidra Bluetooth transmitter can fulfill your thoughts of watching movies together with your love one using Bluetooth headphones, or to volume up music with two Bluetooth speakers playing concurrently.
- Working while charging, nonstop fun Installed battery could support the Bluetooth adapter to work for 10 hours per full charge. When in the low battery status, the adapter could be plugged into power to get charged while working at the same time.
Also Check: Motorola Xpr 3500e Bluetooth Earpiece
Best Wireless Headphones For Gaming: Lucidsound Ls31 Gaming Headset
If you’re playing games rather than just listening, you’ll need a pair of comfortable headphones that have a good integrated microphone to let you coordinate with fellow gamers. That can be a tough combination to find without any wires, especially if you’re looking for something at an affordable price point, but the LucidSound LS31 fits the bill.
The LS31 has padded headband memory foam ear cups for comfort. Simple control buttons are located right on the ear cup, including separate volume controls for game volume and chat volume. The removable boom microphone produces good voice chat quality. The LS31 offers a solid 15 hours of battery life. The headset is designed to work wirelessly with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles the Xbox One does require a sound cable that runs from your headphones to your controller in order to chat. While these headphones are designed with console gaming in mind, they’ll do just as well when paired with your PC.
If you want to keep things under $50, your options are relatively limited. Your best option may be to use any Bluetooth headphones you have, because you won’t find anything wireless with a good boom mic for much less than $100. If you have a Bluetooth headset for your smartphone that’s also supported by your console, you’ll do just fine and save some cash.
Price: $149.99 on LucidSound, check price on